Our Reunion plans
for Hartford Connecticut
are in place!
For detailed Schedule please see below.
Wednesday July 20, 2016
- 7:00 Registration at the Hotel. Information will be available at check-in.
Thursday July 21
- 9:00 Business Meeting in the Lincoln Room
- 12:00 Catered lunch at the Hotel
- 1:00 Gather to carpool to Cromwell Historical Society. The Society is housed in the Stevens-Frisbie House and we will have a speaker to share with us the Frisbie History in Cromwell.
- 5:00 Gather to carpool to the Whinstone Tavern in New Britain for our Banquet (those of you who have previously attended Reunions will wonder why we are having a Banquet the first night instead of the last night? Some attendees are only able to attend Thursday).
For dessert we will be visiting the Frisbie Dairy Barn in New Britain. The Dairy Barn serves 24 flavors of store-made ice cream. Opened in 2013, it is a development of Hunter Development (whose President is Mike Frisbie).
Friday July 22
- 8:30 Gather for a chartered bus trip to Hartford
- 9:30 Mark Twain House and Harriet Beecher Stowe Center—At 10:30 we will take the Living History Tour of the Mark Twain House. We will be led room-by-room through the house by “maid Lizzy Wills,” who has been eavesdropping on the family for years, and will share the secrets she has seen and heard. This is a special tour for our group and is limited to 16 people. The first 16 to reply will be on the list. If you don’t take this tour you may visit the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center (next door). On this one-hour tour you will learn how Stowe changed the thinking of America in her day.
- 11:45 We will have a box lunch on the grounds of the Mark Twain House.
- 1:00 We will enjoy a ride on the Hartford Belle Riverboat, a one-hour tour on the Connecticut River. We will learn the significance of the River, the landmarks, and the history of Hartford. The Hartford Belle is a 49-passenger boat with a front deck and enclosed salon.
- 2:30 Cedar Hill Cemetery-—A guide will join us on the bus as we travel around the cemetery exploring the lives and accomplishments of some of its well-known residents including Katherine Hepburn and J.P. Morgan. There are Frisbies here, too!
- Dinner plans for Friday evening are still open.
Saturday July 23
This is a free day to explore Connecticut on your own (several attendees will be leaving Saturday morning). Remember that the Hotel includes free parking, a hot breakfast and has a swimming pool and exercise room.
Costs for meals and tours are as follows:
- Thursday lunch $10.00
- Thursday dinner $25.00
- Mark Twain House $20.00
- Stowe Tour $12.00
- Friday Lunch $10.00
- Hartford Belle $15.00
Let us know how many tickets and how many meals to order for you BY SATURDAY, JULY 2!
Call Mary Frisbie at 641-494-9160 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We looking forward to seeing all of you, and meeting new Frisbie-Frisbees, too!